Imagine Colwyn Bay in Summary
Imagine Colwyn Bay
Culture, creativity and community at the heart of Colwyn Bay!
Imagine Colwyn Bay was a National Lottery Heritage Fund Great Place Scheme, which was led by a cross-sector Steering Group with additional partnership funding from Conwy County Borough Council, the Bay of Colwyn Town Council and the now disbanded Colwyn Business Improvement District.
Where? The project area covered Old Colwyn, Colwyn Bay, Rhos on Sea and Mochdre.
When? January 2019 – March 2022 (extended from March 2021 due to COVID-19).
What? The project’s vision was to place “Culture, creativity and community at the heart of Colwyn Bay” through:
• Mapping, recording and celebrating existing cultural and heritage assets and resources.
• Developing and strengthening culture and heritage links with third sector organisations.
• Inspiring and connecting people through a programme of engaging heritage and cultural activities and events.
• Supporting creative industries by offering training, upskilling, networking, peer support and delivery opportunities.
• Developing a culture and heritage strategy and embedding it within local organisations, plans and strategies.
This summary offers a snapshot of the activity delivered and some key learnings from the project.
Dychmygu Bae Colwyn Yn Gryno
For the full Imagine Colwyn Bay evaluation document please follow the link below.